We are a medium sized company - you can speak to the MD if you want
We are a member of the BPCA and all of our technicians are fully trained and certified
Our technicians can take as long as they need to do each job
Squirrel Pest ControlIf you have squirrels in your loft space and need help removing them, Abate can help
- We have over 24 years’ experience in providing squirrel control treatments to householders and businesses throughout Norfolk
- We will treat a squirrel infestation quickly and efficiently, and will put measures in place to stop the issue from recurring
- We offer a 100% money back guarantee
- As members of the British Pest Control Association, we abide by their strict industry Codes of Best Practice
- We are ISO 45001, ISO 9001 and 14001 accredited, giving you peace of mind that our processes have been strictly audited and found to be effective and professional
- We are CHAS accredited and a SafeContractor – putting health and safety competence first
- We protect staff, customers and members of the public through risk and COSHH assessments
Abate receives lots of calls about nuisance squirrel control every year, as they can cause a number of problems for home and business owners if they find their way into loft spaces.
Grey squirrels can cause damage when they enter roof spaces of houses and commercial buildings by doing the following:
- Chewing on wood and ceilings
- Destroying items being stored in the loft
- Making a mess of fibreglass insulation
- Contaminating cold water tanks with urine and droppings
- Removing insulation from electrical wires
Having squirrels in the loft at night can also lead to sleep issues due to the loud noises that they make running around your loft and gnawing at things in the early hours, as they are usually most active 4-5 hours before daybreak.
As well as physical damage and noise issues, just like rats and mice, squirrels can also cause serious contamination and spread diseases.
How to Get Rid of Squirrels in the Loft in the UK
Grey squirrels are an invasive pest species and the UK Forestry Commission estimates that they cause £6-10 million damage to British forestry per year. This means that it is against the law to re-release a grey squirrel in the UK if it’s been caught in a live trap, as per the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981.
There are various squirrel trapping methods that can be used for grey squirrel control in the UK, such as a warfarin-based poison, but this particular poison can only be used by professional pest technicians, such as Abate, so hiring a professional is always recommended.
Once any squirrels have been removed from the roof space, blocking up entry points and gaps with wire mesh and cutting back tree branches that give them easy access to roofs is essential to prevent squirrels from entering roof spaces again in the future.
Call or email us to discuss your pest problem and we will give you advice or arrange for our local technician to make a visit.
We will arrange a survey if necessary, at a time convenient for you and provide a quote and pest recommendations.
Abate Pest Management, BPCA certified technicians will visit to treat your pest problem. We’ll make as many visits as required to ensure your problem is resolved.
4. Guaranteed Service
We guarantee to solve your pest problem, working together.