We are a medium sized company - you can speak to the MD if you want
We are a member of the BPCA and all of our technicians are fully trained and certified
Our technicians can take as long as they need to do each job
BRC Pest ControlPest Control for BRC Global Standards: Ensuring Quality and Compliance
For businesses in the food industry, maintaining the highest standards of food safety and quality is crucial to uphold consumer trust and meet industry requirements. Pest control plays a significant role in meeting these standards and businesses seeking BRCGS (British Retail Consortium Global Standards) certification must implement robust pest control services and practices.
By partnering with BRCGS-approved pest control specialists and adopting a proactive and comprehensive approach to pest control, businesses can ensure the safety and quality of their products, uphold consumer confidence, and meet the rigorous BRCGS Global Standards Certification for pest control.
If you are seeking to achieve BRC accreditation for your business or are already BRC accredited and need to ensure you stay compliant, Abate can help. Operating for over 30 years, Abate is a BRCGS pest control specialist helping businesses in Norwich, Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Kent, London, or the South-East, achieve and retain BRC accredited status.
Extensive BRCGS Pest Control Experience
Abate has provided pest control management services for over 30 years
- Fully Evidenced Service with BRCGS Audit Trail
- Highly experienced RSPH Level 3 technicians and field biologists
- Field biologist visits to identify potential areas of non-conformance
- BPCA Member, CHAS Accredited & triple ISO accredited: 9001, 14001 and 45001
We provide pest management and control solutions for businesses with, or working towards the following:
- BRC Global Standard for Food Safety
- BRC Global Standard for Packaging & Packaging Materials
- BRC Global Standard for Storage & Distribution
BRCGS Pest Control Services: A Comprehensive Approach
To meet BRCGS requirements for pest control, businesses need to demonstrate a proactive and comprehensive pest management program. BRCGS pest control services encompass a range of key practices and measures including:
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM): Emphasising the adoption of Integrated Pest Management principles, which involve prevention, monitoring, and targeted treatments while minimising the use of chemicals.
- BRCGS Certification for Pest Management: Achieving BRCGS certification for pest management demonstrates a company's commitment to best practices in pest control.
- Partner Connection Programme for Pest Management: Businesses can collaborate with BRCGS-approved pest control providers such as Abate through the Partner Connection Programme, ensuring that they receive expert pest control services.
- Regular Inspections: Conducting frequent inspections to detect signs of pest activity and identify potential entry points. Maintaining detailed records of these inspections is essential.
- Early Detection: Employing monitoring devices, such as traps and sticky boards, to detect pests early and take immediate action in case of any signs of infestation.
- Preventive Measures: Implementing measures to prevent pests from accessing food, water, and shelter. This includes proper waste management, sealing entry points, and maintaining cleanliness.
- Non-Chemical Solutions: Utilising physical barriers, exclusion techniques, and mechanical controls to prevent pest infestations without relying solely on chemical treatments.
- Targeted Treatments: If necessary, using specific, low-toxicity pest control products focused on the identified pests. Documenting the treatments and their outcomes is crucial.
- BRCGS Pest Control Specialists: Partnering with BRCGS-approved pest control specialists who are experienced in serving the food industry and knowledgeable about BRCGS requirements.
- Documentation and Records: Maintaining comprehensive documentation of pest control activities, including inspection reports, pest activity logs, and actions taken to address any pest issues.
Call or email us to discuss your pest problem and we will give you advice or arrange for our local technician to make a visit.
We will arrange a survey if necessary, at a time convenient for you and provide a quote and pest recommendations.
Abate Pest Management, BPCA certified technicians will visit to treat your pest problem. We’ll make as many visits as required to ensure your problem is resolved.
4. Guaranteed Service
We guarantee to solve your pest problem, working together.
What Does BRC Accreditation Mean?
BRC is an abbreviation for the British Retail Consortium, which is a trade association for retail businesses in the UK. The British Retail Consortium Global Standard for Food Safety, known more commonly as BRC global standards, is a product and process certification standard known for compliance to industry best practices.
The global food safety initiative, gives retailers peace of mind that food products they choose to stock, have been manufactured, handled, stored, and transported in a safe and hygienic way, throughout the supply chain.
BRC standard certification is an internationally recognised mark of food safety and quality. It is not compulsory for businesses to be BRC accredited, however, most big retailers such as supermarkets, will only use businesses with the appropriate BRC accreditation in their supply chain.
One of the key areas of BRC compliance is ensuring that adequate pest control measures are in place. The relevant BRC standard states 'the whole site shall have an effective preventive pest management programme in place to minimise the risk of infestation and there shall be the resources available to respond rapidly to any issues which occur to prevent risk to products.'
In short, this means in order to be compliant with the standards, you must engage a professional pest control company who can implement an effective pest prevention programme and be on hand to deal with any active pest issues that may occur, quickly and efficiently.
How Abate Pest Management Can Help
Here at Abate we understand the specific needs of different food industry sectors and know which pests can pose a specific threat to certain food products and environments. We provide bespoke pest control and prevention services for food processors, manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors & retailers fully compliant with the current BRC accreditation pest control standard.
Our experienced pest control technicians and field biologists, carry out site audits and risk assessments with a thorough understanding of the rigorous audit processes and high standards of safety and hygiene that are required to maintain BRC certification.
From food processing, to supply chain, storage, and distribution, we have extensive experience in the implementation of BRC pest control requirements, pest management and pest prevention best practice and assist our clients with BRC and customer auditing standards. As your chosen pest control contractor, we will help to ensure that your business not only has an appropriate pest control and prevention programme in place.